Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Writing a book...
 
 
 
...at times feels like an incredibly selfish act.
 
 
Like singing 'me-me-me' while thinking 'you-you-you'.
 
I find myself conflicted. While I've got a mission to share a message and play my role in making the world a little better place because of it, the struggles and resistance from all the 'me' time is a habit or skill I am far from able to employ yet.
 
Does that ever come? Enter the temptations of external stimulants, intoxicants and other indiscretions?
 
A part of the 'Author's Paradox'.
 
The Paradox of 'Me'
rolls into the Paradox of
'We...
 are all Connected.'
 
At least I have a name for it.
 
 
 
Ernest? Scott? E.B.? Og? Anyone? Scriptures rescue me!
 
"We are writing these things so that our joy may be complete"
 
"And I shall write; as if upon the table of my very heart..."
 
 
Brings me back to when I made my demo record "Barefoot in Paradise".
 
I likened it to the birthing process. False labor pains and all.
(No; Moses was not in the studio. Bellbottoms were tho  ;)  )
 
Barefoot in Paradise
I hope she thinks I'm nice enough
to take me for a walk
along the beach
because my heart's within
her reach
 
 
And if our footsteps seem to dawdle
in the stars
we'll UBER a moon beam
ride it
all the way to Mars
 
 
 
 

 
O.K. That helps. Maybe. ( Backstory: God Bless you Karen Carpenter. Still 'YOUR' SONG.)
 
Like a mother's maternal instincts and dedication to her 'off-spring' ?
 
Selfish? Yes, but...nobly so? Justifiably so? Guess it's up to the 'me' part for now.
 
And then ultimately, up to 'you'.
 
I guess that's fair.
 
 
NOTE to Publisher: I refreshed a word. We do not so much 'hail' cabs as we now UBER a ride. Must stay current and relevant...  lol. Even Star Trek's 'hailing frequencies' have been obsoleted by 'Smart Apps'. Amazing the rate of change today..)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment