Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Of course Gus was lonely.
Sort of...
 
Back in October; I had been watching a series of the last videos Wayne Dyer made before passing on at the end of August. Classic Dr. D; on living intentionally, remaining open to the universe, trusting your intuition, how we're all connected... so much more. It all resonated with me and inspired me to press on with my own book project; Message From Charlotte: A Gift of Webs and Wisdom. Watching and listening to the man, knowing these words would be marking his legacy, a powerful flow cast straight to my soul. 
 
Was I then surprised during one of those very videos, when Wayne shared a story about a spider that he observed, while he was on his toilet? (Wayne, not the spider!) How he found himself awed and amazed by the industrious creature going about the spinning of its web, in the corner just a few feet away? No. Well, yes. Sort of...
 
Tears did well up in my eyes; followed by a couple that rolled down my cheek, as we drew together during his telling. He and I on opposite ends of the universe... and connected. Wayne not only named his eight-legged stall-mate but, compelled to prevent an untimely demise, alerted his housekeeper to allow him to remain, posting a sign nearby 'his' web stating:
 
 "Please Do Not Disturb Gus"
 
Wayne helped make it clearer to me that I had to press on with my own story, with my own spider, finding my voice and inspiring others to find theirs. He was providing a surge of personal, soulful affirmation and energy that carried over into the next morning when I found myself  lacing up my Asics and inviting the once avid runner to join me for a post Twin Cities Marathon run.
 
After about a mile, my eye was caught by out-of-place colors along the curb. An un-natural shape and a palpable wonderment stopped me. It was a child's squishy toy, with a few legs missing. Two and a half missing... out of eight. I felt compelled to rescue it and at the same moment, knew who I had found. As I carried it in hand for the next three miles, suspect glances from passers-by on foot, bike and car met my eyes and his. Didn't matter. I had already resolved with a look up and a 'hey' to Wayne, that Gus was coming home. Yes, Gus. There was that tear again.
 
 
 
Fall turned into winter. Gus got comfortable in his 'web' and greeted us every time we came home; rain or shine. Or snow. He was always there.
 
 

 

 
Winter melted into Spring. And a couple days ago, I was blessed with a delightful Sunday morning run. Mild and sunny. It was definitely the kind of day you feel so good about, because in Minnesota, you earn it by surviving to see it! Hah. Though this was a rather benign winter, even for me, coming back from three years in Charlotte, there is still no better place to be on those kind of April days. A touch of light green shading the tree lines. Emerald-hued grass and blue wild flowers budding along the boulevard way ahead of schedule, looking like June, after a wet, mild Fall and other than a couple snow/cold snaps, a very North Carolina-like winter.
 
Then, two-point-four miles from home, there she was... along the curb; dirty, injured yet maintaining a goofy if not toothy grin. She'd likely been roughed up by passing cars and a multitude of other hazards. Some legs were missing. I'd seen this before and I knew just what to do. Wayne was around. Up there-over there-in there-around there... Sort of. All connected. Gus was going to have a new friend. So was Gusette.
 
 
I don't over-analyze these kinds of 'occurrences' like I used to. They just seem to transform into  contemplative ponderings that open up into fascinating places and spaces for me. Then I try and share them best I can. In fact, it is all beginning to weave itself into perfect sense. Some how, we are all connected by the divine wisdom of nature on this universal web of life. Just like the Creator designed it.
 
Sort of... like going... Home-Sweet-Home.
 
 
 
Well, there you go. One happy couple, huh? Sooner or later, were all coming Home-Sweet-Home. In the mean time, Doc., continue directing me to your wondrous creatures that need a hand. Or a leg. And keep a light on for us while we're still working on our own webs out here, OK?
 
Oh, and remember that 'bathroom poem' I sent to you many years ago? Now at least I know you read it.
 
Sort of...!  ;-)
 
Image result for wayne dyer
 

In memorial to a dear soul from whom a treasured, old paperback found it's way into my hands and heart many years ago. We go way back. Now with awe and reverence, we go forward. I am very grateful. Namaste.
 
 
Image result for wayne dyer
 
Dr. Wayne Walter Dyer
10 May 1940 - 29 August 2015
 
"Change your thoughts... change your life."
 
 
 
PS/  Yes, Gus is very happy! So is Gusette.   ;-)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment